Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun Times



Things have been keeping me pretty busy already! This past Saturday night was Jenny Gray's birthday party up at the ministry centre. The theme was "Texas." Naturally, I couldn't really bring myself to support Texas, so I chose another attire...


(This is Jenny and I at the party.)
Lots of people from the congregation came and everyone tried really hard to dress up like cowboys and cowgirls and make some Texas-themed food...
The party was a lot of fun! Yesterday, (Monday), was a public holiday (Queen's birthday), so everyone had the day off of work and school. The Payne kids, Amber Drew, Jenny and I had planned to get up around 4 am in order to watch Australia play Germany in the World Cup. Unfortunately, none of us actually made it out of bed. But, I think that was a good thing though, since Australia lost 4 to 0. We played lots of games and watched a couple of movies, so overall it was a nice and relaxing day off. Today, it was breakfast with Chris Payne (to go over the coming week) and then up to the ministry center! I Skyped my aunt and uncle this morning (Martha and Steve) and Grandma Rawlins. It was good to talk to them all and catch up. Skype is amazing! Only 2 cents a minute to call a landline in the states! It has sure made it easier to talk to family back in America.
This weekend is the "Deeper" retreat for young adult women. I am really looking forward to it! I know that all of the girls who have been planning it are getting a bit stressed out, but I know that everything will come together and there are some fun things planned. For any SMCers out there, I think I am going to start a "Love Line" as part of an encouragement ministry. We'll put up the "Love Line" on Sunday mornings as a place for people to leave little encouragement notes to people in the congregation. I think it will be a great way to make people feel special! :-)
The weeks are quickly filling up. It's hard to believe that I've been down under for 3 weeks already. Now I'm ready for Joe and Tiffany Buck to get here to work in the church in Campbelltown (about 2 hours away from me.) I know they will love it here as well!
I know that all of you have been concerned about me keeping up with my television shows. Watching online is a plus, except you can't watch any of the shows from American internet sites! Ahhh! Luckily, one of the STAMP students pointed me in the direction of tvshack.com. There I was able to find not just the shows from this season, but of all seasons! Yay! That being said, I have been able to keep up with the shows that I missed the season finales for (Lost, Glee, CSI:NY, Criminal Minds.) :-) So for all of you who were worried, I am all set. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment